Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fuelin' the Addiction 2: Front Porch Candle Co. Haul

Alas.... I'm off a 3-year makeup high and found a replacement. Not sure if this is good or bad, but my friends within the wax community, you have another junkie!

This order was placed with Front Porch Candle Company (www.frontporchcandleco.com) just after Christmas.  As with CVB, it took about 10 days to arrive at my doorstep. So far, they are the only online vendor I've seen that offers free shipping regardless of your order size.

What I LOOOOOVE about FP is that Angie updates the site with ready-to-ship products at least 4-5 days a week.  Seriously, there's no way to feel deprived with products continuously rotating.  On the downside though, if you're really craving a scent you need to wait for it to be restocked (or start a message craze on the Facebook Fan Page! There you'll find some awesome die-hards whom I get such a kick out of).

Well, I was hoping to make a photo-mosaic of all the tarts but my camera batteries died. Poo.  Anyhow, here's a snapshot:

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Another free picture collage by Smilebox


The Marshmallow Sampler came with: 
  • Purple Marshmallow ---> warm throw lasted two days!! Smells like grape bubblicious
  • Sugary Marshmallow
  • Raspberry Marshmallow
  • Cranberry Marshmallow
  • Blueberry Marshmallow
  • Lemon Marshmallow, oh yeeeah. I'm a fan
  • Chocolate Marshmallow
  • Strawberry Marshmallow Bread ---> egh. Instant gag reflex on cold sniff. .. BUT I will melt it.

The Bakery Sampler came with:
  • Hot Orange Danish ---> warm throw smells like a creamy orange creamsicle. The scent only lasted around 4 hours though which is not usual!
  • Sweet Potato Pie
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Bread Pudding
  • Coconut Cream Pie ---> Seriously smells like a stick of butter. I wish the coconut essence was a bit fresher here.
  • Raspberry Filled Bread
  • Blackberry Marshmallow Butter Jam Cookies
  • Sugar Cookies

Four Packs:
  • Pink Peppermint
  • Banana Cream Pie
  • Citrus Explosion
  • Teakwood and Cardamom  
  • Pink Tea ---> Smells just like the Countrytime Lemonade Iced Tea! 
  • Marshmallow
  • County Fair -..>  I was hoping for some more "nuttiness" here - but the cotton candy note is nice with a base note that I cannot pick up. I think this was the scent that you smell something different each time you "whiff"...
Last, I caught FP when they still offered free four packs with a certain purchase amount and those included: Mulberry and Pumpkin Bread.


Speaking about samplers, I feel for all of you serendipity lovers out there who missed the last rush! Did you hear though? Today Angie said that she ran out of Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies (free scent of the week with $25 purchase) and is replacing it with Serendipity


 Go get you some!! 
(Thumbs up if you know you know whose trademark on Youtube that phrase is) 





No comments:

Post a Comment