Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm a winner!


Woo Hoo!! Sarahface87 on YouTube was giving away some goodies around the holidays in December and I was sooo lucky to have been chosen as the winner!

If you're not already subscribed, then hustle over and check out Sarah's channel.  She's super cool and I think she kinda reminds me of this show Daria on MTV I was addicted to back in high school (along with Total Request Live with Carson Daly):

 
Right????!!!


 Am I off? Ah, well it happens. Anyways, moving on!


 


I was way too impatient to take photos of the complete unboxing - but it came all safe and sound snuggled up in a padded envelope.  

What really got me pumped  was the soap and shower gel. I've never tried anything from Lush before!



Sarah mentioned that the Snow Fairy's expiration date was in February. But, just like milk, what's another week hurt? LOL! I'll take my chances on the curdling. I wonder if the product breaks down and separation occurs though? If you know, please share. :) 

Also, see that Coconut Lemongrass soap? Well friends, (sound the trumpets), it does NOT smell like an Asian market!  I always get a little hesitant about Lemongrass because it is such a strong, naturally pungent scent. Close by there is an authentic Asian grocer where we pick up spices and miscellaneous "stuff" for stir-fry. Aside from selling Lemongrass, they have an abundance of other amazing and interesting food...my favorite being dried sea creature candy.  Hmm.  Not quite. I'm not brave enough to go there, EVER ....although, once I did eat a raw quail egg on sushi. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

I digress, the Coconut Lemongrass soap is nicely blended and I really hope it's moisturizing.



The rest of the package contained: two four packs of Front Porch tarts in Blackberry Butter Jam Cookies and Smoochin' by the Fire, a single grubby tart in Amish Friendship Bread, The Bathing Garden's Lemon Poundcake, and then a scent shot in Sugar Cookie Dough Bread from Cupcake Candles. 

Thanks Sarah! I love Front Porch and am excited to try out a couple of other new vendors.


Hope you all had a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning! You got some good stuff!!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got an amazing bunch of stuff, CONGRATS!! Sarah is such a great gal! How do you like The Bathing Garden's lemon pound cake??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I loved Daria! Lol! Anyways, congrats on your winnings! All of those scents sound absolutely amazing! Enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am laughing my butt off right now, lol. My boyfriend told me when he first met me, I reminded him of Daria so that is hysterical. and the shower gel actually doesn't expire in February! I bought it from the UK site and they write their dates backwards so I think it expires in like Oct or Dec?? I cant remember, but its definitely not anytime soon! Enjoy it all!!! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete